Sunday, July 31, 2011

Joining By Your Hands Handmade Blog Party Sunday!

 

Winter White Angel Sisters
Mixed Media Art Dolls

I added my link to the By Your Hands Handmade Blog Party Sunday!  These dolls are 1 of 3 items I am selling in my Etsy Shop.  These sweet 8 inch tall angels come in a pair, as they are sisters.  The bodies are tea stained muslin, rag stuffed and sewn to the top of a paper card cone. The dresses are tea stained muslin, too.  There is a ruffle made of natural paper coffee filters sewn to ruffle them, attached to the bottom of their cones, peeping out underneath their dresses.  Their faces are hand stitched with Pearl cotton, the noses are pinched stitched.  They have stitched on real lamb's wool hair.  Their sweet wings are sewn on, made from paper card and are painted silver using acrylic paints, then slightly aged using a Distress Ink Pad.  Each sister is holding a very shiny silver bell, which doesn't show up well in the picture, posed and sewn to their hands. 
I used a wonderful pattern by Renee' Plains to make these sweet dolls.  I am asking $25 for the pair; they can be purchased through my Etsy Shop.  Thanks so much for looking!
 





01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips