Monday, June 29, 2009

Are You Ready for July 4th?



Pics above and at right show an Americana Rabbit Door Doll with American Flag hangs on my front door. Now, that's what I call showing your American spirit! Especially with July 4Th fast approaching. This pattern by Becky Erickson will not disappoint you if you try it; her patterns are always great! If you go to her site, http://www.tennesseeridgeprimitives.com, you will be amazed at all the Americana patterns she has. I love the extreme prim look she does.

Also pictured, shown in my chipped and rusted enamelware pan: little flag pillows, Uncle Sammies, firecrackers, burgundy white and navy pip berry spray, pick with cream and burgundy pip berries and rusty stars and a tea stained 13-star flag.

Uncle Sams were done from a Crows Roost Prims pattern. So unique and original!! Sure to put a big grin on every one's faces, they are fun to make and grungy up! I made 1 for my boss at work, too!

The flag pillows were based on Nanny Goat Primitives pattern. I used a smaller stripe red ticking than called for, denim and buttons instead of navy star fabric. Grungy tags with "Freedom" "Old Flag" and "July 4Th" on them attached with a rusty safety pin and bell. All grungied up and smelling good!

My firecrackers I just winged it using grungy patriotic fabric with twine fuses, wrapped in grungy cheesecloth and a round "USA" tag.



Need to email me? I welcome comments, suggestions, questions so go right ahead!
fbigirlie@yahoo.com

No comments:

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips