Friday, June 4, 2010

Wanna see my Quilted Tablecloth?

Hi all!!  I finally got this table cloth done a couple of days ago and WoW am I 1 happy gal!!  It had been haunting me everytime I came across it in the drawer all folded up in a nice neat bundle.  I was afraid to disturb it as if it was sleeping!  Its my own creation.  I have a great respect for all the gals out there who design quilts and whatnot; they are so talented.  I'm not sure how they do it!  I was frustrated with myself for not having the measurements just right.  Of course, at the time I liked to blame the fabric.  hehe!  I gave myself a stern talking to about accepting blame, then.





Here is a close up of the rooster in the middle.  Its not perfect, but I wanted it to look natural and gathered in places, but not frilly.  Let me know what you think about it, please.  I haven't even shown it off yet and I already have requests.

I'm going to make a couple of things for myself, then finish another UFO of mine.  Its some large basket blocks I'm going to make into a tablerunner.  Thanks goes to Audrey for her advise on that.  And, yes, Heather, you were right.  It has taken me longer than I'd expected to get around to that particular project!  LOL

I'll be back soon to show you some more goodies I'm working on!  Until then, Bye!
Mary Jo

No comments:

01 09 10 11 12
Blogging tips